Friday, November 19, 2010

Meet the Permanent Players


Cleary Rae
Cleary may be a hippy in some way, but don't let those caribbean blue eyes fool you, she's a fighter. She's been my best friend for years, and has a mouth that flaps nonstop with puns and witticisms, and everything she says is quote-worthy. She's as strong as a brick, and when I'm with her, I go back to the days when I was four and watched The Little Mermaid on repeat all day long while laying on the floor pretending I too had a tail. She's the kind of person that tries to scare babies in church, sits in the back seat while I'm driving just so she can watch All Dogs go to Heaven, walks into my house and heads straight for the pantry, has an uncanny fashion sense, invented her own decibel to speak at, experiments with her hair length and always looks perfect, and supports me in every move I make. Basically, I'll never find anyone like her in the world. 


Cory Klondike
Cory has been my favorite, best, most reliable guy friend. He has a voice like an angel symphony, knows that the best way to cheer me up is by a Chili's date with him and a kiddish day of playing on the swings, and has a family that's adopted me. He can be very young at times, but that's what I like the most about him, because he isn't complicated. He's Peter Pan. We enjoy meeting up with each other at the beach, because our families are almost always there at the same time, and he likes to flaunt his tan in my porcelain pale face. He's the guy that's always there, and who wouldn't want a friend that you can constantly annoy by singing the reinvented tune, "What would you doooo for Klondike's bar?" That's what she said.


Bree Nomey 
Bree is tiny and spunky and is one of my newest friends. She's the one I tease the most, and takes it like a true champ, being the Texan that she is. Bree offers every person she meets a small dose of herself, doesn't hold back in sacrificing her own needs for others, and I've been the recipient of that a number of times. When I think of her, I think of drunken college nights and mornings of waking up and trying to reconstruct what we'd done the night before. She's the one I call when I need to hash out a recent boycapade, or plan a costume for a party, or just talk because I'm bored. She pretends that she gets tired of me, but I know she needs me as much as I need her. 


Simone Beasely
Simone's like a baby sister to me. I'm constantly doting on her and watching out for her, and it was destiny from the start. Our first conversation involved an intense deconstruction of One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl, so she pretty much sold me right there. We team up against Bree and prank her, our greatest feat yet being changing her birthday on Facebook. Our favorite activities include raiding Hobby Lobby, inventing outrageous costumes, talking about Lady Gaga, and dancing on any stage we can find. Simone and I are the kind of friends that form instantly, and rack up memories on command. 


No comments:

Post a Comment